Thank you to everyone who applied. This position is now filled. Check back again as we are always growing out team.
POSITION: Account Manager (Immediate, Toronto)
POSTING DATE: September 10, 2016
STARTING DATE: October 17, 2016
The Branding & Buzzing team invites you to work with us!
Are you passionate about the hospitality industry?
Are you known as someone who is connected with the food community both online and in real life?
Are you looking to “Make Friends. Not Ads”?
We are searching for an Account Manager who is able to manage multiple food & alcohol brands, has experience as a content creator (writing, editing and adapting content for use on multiple social networks) and is able to execute social media marketing campaigns.
• Create and publish engaging copy across various social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
• Building online network communities organically, social listening, increasing social engagement, customer service and issues management
• Act as and maintain the internal voice of the brands online
• Create and execute strategies to connect with social influencers and content creators
• Create, execute, maintain and optimize social media content and campaigns
• Manage all approvals, programs, events and meet deadlines
• Develop pitch stories and help create buzz around the brand
• Day-to-day management and development of editorial calendars, content, and workback schedules
• Able to collaborate and develop meaningful, trustworthy relationships with media, trade publications, bloggers/influencers, food brands, restaurants and chefs
• Identification of best practices for the brands
• Attend trade events, shows, restaurant openings, photography shoots, brand activations
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A strong, established online personal presence on a minimum of 3 social networks
• University or College graduate with a degree in communications, marketing or public relations, or related field
• Minimum 2 years proven Community Management experience preferably at an agency
• Demonstrated social media expertise from sales to strategy through execution
• Deep understanding of brand social media channels (Facebook Like Pages, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Vine, Blog /Wordpress, etc.), along with a proven understanding of the evolving social media space
• Ability to develop social media advertising plans and execute based on objectives and budgets
• Experience growing and nurturing social media accounts
• Working knowledge of social media monitoring and reporting tools: Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Facebook LIKE Page, Hashtag programs, Sprout Social and social listening devices
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of the food and beverage industry in Toronto is a must
• Exercise sound judgment to issue resolution of day-to-day operational challenges
• Ability to work with autonomy, follow instructions and work as part of an integrated team
• Ability to execute with flawless detail while keeping visibility of the broader strategy
• Ability to manage tasks of competing importance
• PR experience is an asset
• Working knowledge or experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are an asset
We’re interested in knowing what you’ve done, what you’ve learned and how you’ll apply this to our bourgeoning Food Marketing Agency. If this position sounds like it’s for you or a friend contact us at info[AT]brandingandbuzzing[DOT]com